Stairway to the Stars: How Did the Technology Teleported Me To a Bright Future
"Technology is the portal to a bright future. The Stairway to the stars."
I can testify that I wasn't the most techy person, especially when it comes to any ICT platforms in a laptop or computer. My previous school has given me limited knowledge about ICT, my parents are too strict to let me go to a computer shop and let me make my assignments there, and I'm just really almost clueless on how to use a laptop. When I was starting my junior high school journey, the anxiety kept me thinking about being left behind. How can I do my assignments online if I don't have a laptop? What if I get left behind? What if I need to use Microsoft for a school paper but I couldn't because I don't know how to use it? How would I edit my videos and other performances?
But thankfully, all of those questions were answered through various ICT platforms. I am grateful that most of them are now available to other mobile devices such as phones and tablets. Not only that, they are also almost free! Some features requires payment but there are still a lot of alternatives out there. But nothing will really beat Microsoft Word and Canva for me. They were there when I first started junior high school, they are still here now that I am starting my senior high school journey.
Their help also didn't stop with my academics, they were also there to help me achieve my writing goals. I can't remember how many story drafts are in my Microsoft Word account and how many book covers did I already made with Canva. All I really know is that these platforms once became a bridge for me to cross my dream. I may have postponed that dream for now as I am currently focusing on my studies, but I know that once I get the time, energy, and passion to go back, I will still use Canva and Microsoft Word.
I am not the best student in ICT. It was never my favorites as my journey with it was rocky. And I know that I still have a long way to go in order to be better but I will keep learning about it (I literally have to because we are now in the generation wherein basic knowledge about these are essential haha).
GUIDED QUESTIONS:
1.) From my experience in my previous school, I thought that this subject would just be a repetition of what I've learned. But thankfully, this subject gave me a fresher and newer insights about the ICT world. And it didn't just gave me practical ways on how to use it, it also gave me insights on how to use it for social changes.
2.) I would definitely recommend Canva! As what I already stated in my reflection, this is the perfect tool to reach for the stars as it can give you access to countless of online materials that you can use in academics, in your hobby, business, jobs, and even just for planning your yearly goals.
3.) Besides from the positive side of the ICT world, of course, there would be a dark side about it. One of that would definitely the wrong use of AI sites. I agree that it is beneficial to us but I just simply don't agree with the overreliance of other people with sites like these. It's starting to feel like people can't create something original because of the wrong use of AI. Lastly, it also feels unfair that here I am composing my own thoughts and ideas while other people are just using AI to write an essay.
4.) As a solution for the said problem in number three, it would be very helpful if the government would take some legal actions in order to make sure that there will be a more ethical use of AI. I would also hope that students like me would allot some time to learn more about platforms such as Canva and Microsoft Word as I can confidently say that these knowledge are beneficial up until we grow up.

Comments
Post a Comment